[openstack-dev] [Large Deployments Team][Performance Team] New informal working group suggestion

Sandeep Raman sandeep.raman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:52:46 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Dina Belova <dbelova at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hey, OpenStackers!
>
> I'm writing to propose to organise new informal team to work specifically
> on the OpenStack performance issues. This will be a sub team in already
> existing Large Deployments Team, and I suppose it will be a good idea to
> gather people interested in OpenStack performance in one room and identify
> what issues are worrying contributors, what can be done and share results
> of performance researches :)

Dina, I'm focused in performance and scale testing [no coding
background].How can I contribute and what is the expectation from this
informal team?

> So please volunteer to take part in this initiative. I hope it will be
> many people interested and we'll be able to use cross-projects session
> slot <http://odsreg.openstack.org/cfp/details/5> to meet in Tokyo and
> hold a kick-off meeting.

I'm not coming to Tokyo. How could I still be part of discussions if any? I
also feel it is good to have a IRC channel for perf-scale discussion. Let
me know your thoughts.