[openstack-dev] [OPNFV] [Functest] Tempest & Rally

Tikkanen, Viktor (Nokia - FI/Espoo) viktor.tikkanen at nokia.com
Fri Sep 25 05:29:14 UTC 2015

Hi Morgan

and thank you for the overview.

I'm now waiting for the POD#2 VPN profile (will be ready soon). We will try then to figure out what OpenStack/tempest/rally configuration changes are needed in order to get rid of those test failures.

I suppose that most of the problems (like "Multiple possible networks found" etc.) are relatively easy to solve.

BTW, since tempest is being currently developed in "branchless" mode (without release specific stable versions), do we have some common understanding/requirements how "dynamically" Functest should use its code?

For example, config_functest.py seems to contain routines for cloning/installing rally (and indirectly tempest) code, does it mean that the code will be cloned/installed at the time when the test set is executed for the first time? (I'm just wondering if it is necessary or not to "freeze" somehow used code for each OPNFV release to make sure that it will remain compatible and that test results will be comparable between different OPNFV setups).

-Viktor