[openstack-dev] [Barbican][Security] Automatic Certificate Management Environment

Clark, Robert Graham robert.clark at hpe.com
Thu Sep 24 15:12:47 UTC 2015

Hi All,

So I did a bit of tyre kicking with Letsencrypt today, one of the things I thought was interesting was the adherence to the burgeoning Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME) standard.

https://letsencrypt.github.io/acme-spec/

It’s one of the more readable crypto related standards drafts out there, reading it has me wondering how this might be useful for Anchor, or indeed for Barbican where things get quite interesting, both at the front end (enabling ACME clients to engage with Barbican) or at the back end (enabling Barbican to talk to any number of ACME enabled CA endpoints.

I was wondering if there’s been any discussion/review here, I’m new to ACME but I’m not sure if I’m late to the party…

Cheers
-Rob