[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] how to handle AZ bug 1496235?

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 01:05:49 UTC 2015

> On 24 Sep 2015, at 9:59 am, Andrew Laski <andrew at lascii.com> wrote:
>
> I was perhaps hasty in approving that patch and didn't realize that Matt had reached out for operator feedback at the same time that he proposed it. Since this is being used in production I wouldn't want it to be removed without at least having an alternative, and hopefully better, method of achieving your goal.  Reverting the deprecation seems reasonable to me for now while we work out the details around Cinder/Nova AZ interactions.

Thanks Andrew,

What we basically want is for our users to have instances and volumes on a section of hardware and then for them to be able to have other instances and volumes in another section of hardware.

If one section dies then the other section is fine. For us we use availability-zones for this. If this is not the intended use for AZs what is a better way for us to do this.

Cheers,
Sam