[openstack-dev] [neutron][sriov] SRIOV-VM could not work well with normal VM

Moshe Levi moshele at mellanox.com
Tue Sep 22 05:24:53 UTC 2015

Hi Yujie,

There is a patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/198736/ which I wrote to add the mac of the normal instance to
the SR-IOV embedded switch so that the packet will go to the PF instead of going to the wire.
This is done by using bridge tool with the command "bridge fdb add <mac> dev <interface>"

I was able to test it on Mellanox ConnectX3  card with both  vlan and flat network and it worked fine.
I wasn't able to test it on any of the Intel cards, but I was told the it only working on flat network, in vlan network the Intel card is dropping the tagged packets and they are not go up to the VF.

and see if  that resolve the issue.
Also can you check it with  flat and vlan networks.