[openstack-dev] [neutron][sriov] SRIOV-VM could not work well with normal VM

yujie judy_yujie at 126.com
Tue Sep 22 03:28:25 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I am using neutron kilo without dvr to create sriov instance VM-A,it
works well and could connect to its gateway fine.
But when I let the normal instance VM-B which in the same compute-node
with VM-A ping its gateway, it failed. I capture the packet on the
network-node, find the gateway already reply the ARP-reply message to
VM-B. But compute-node which VM-B lives could not send the package to VM-B.
If delete VM-A and set : echo 0 >
/sys/class/enp5s0f0/device/sriov_numvfs, the problem solved.

Is it a same question with the bug: SR-IOV port doesn't reach OVS port
on same compute node ?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1492228
Any suggestions will be grateful.

Thanks,