[openstack-dev] [all][ptl][release] final liberty cycle client library releases needed

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Sun Sep 20 16:06:20 UTC 2015

> On 19 Sep 2015, at 16:04, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>
> Excerpts from Renat Akhmerov's message of 2015-09-19 00:35:49 +0300:
>> Doug,
>>
>> python-mistralclient-1.1.0 (also on pypi) is the final release for Liberty. Here’s the patch updating global-requirements.txt: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225330/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225330/> <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225330/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225330/>> (upper-constraints.txt should be soon updated automatically, in my understanding)
>
> Because we're in requirements freeze, we're trying not to update any of
> the global-requirements.txt entries unless absolutely necessary. At this
> point, no projects can be depending on the previously unreleased
> features in 1.1.0, so as long as python-mistralclient doesn't have a cap
> on the major version allowed the requirements list, it should only be
> necessary to update the constraints.
>
> Please update the constraints file by hand, only changing
> python-mistralclient. That will allow us to land the update without
> changing any other libraries in the test infrastructure (the automated
> update submits all of the changes together, and we have several
> outstanding right now).

Ok, understood.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225491/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225491/>
>> So far I have been doing release management for Mistral myself (~2 years), and the last year I’ve been trying to be aligned with OpenStack schedule. In may 2015 Mistral was accepted into Big Tent so does that mean I’m not longer responsible for doing that? Or I can still do it on my own? Even with final Mistral client for Liberty I’ve done it just myself (didn’t create a stable branch though yet), maybe I shouldn’t have. Clarifications would be helpful.
>
> It means you can now ask the release management team to take over for
> the library, but that is not an automatic change.
>> Does this all apply to all Big Tent projects?
>
> Yes, and to all horizontal teams. Every project team is expected
> to provide liaisons to all horizontal teams now. The degree to which
> a horizontal team does the work for you is up to each pair of teams
> to negotiate.

I’d prefer to take care about Liberty releases myself. We don’t have much time till the end of Liberty and we may not establish all required connections with horizontal teams. Is that ok?

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.