[openstack-dev] [all][elections] PTL nomination period is now over

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 06:56:06 UTC 2015

On 17/09/15 16:00 -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>Excerpts from Morgan Fainberg's message of 2015-09-17 12:51:33 -0700:
>
>> I think this is all superfluous however and we should simply encourage
>> people to not wait until the last minute. Waiting to see who is
>> running/what the field looks like isn't as important as standing up and
>> saying you're interested in running.
>
>+1

Just want to +1 this. I'm going to be, probably, extrem here and
sugest that we should just shrink the candidacy period to 1 (max 2)
days.

The election period is announced way earlier in the cycle. Candidates
have 6 month to think about what should come next for their project.
Instead of having a full week to send candidacies, I'd just send a
reminder that the candidacy day is coming and everyone should get
their candidacies done.

If, for some reason, someone can't send the candidacy the day when
candidacies should be sent, then it'd be possible to designate someone
to submit it for review on his behalf. Even better, since now it's all
done through gerrit, that person can just send it in advance.

Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco