[openstack-dev] [Cue] PTL Candidacy

Vipul Sabhaya vipuls at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 01:16:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

This will be the first official PTL election for Cue, and I would be
honored to serve another term leading the project for the M Cycle.

Cue is a relatively new project in Openstack, and was approved into the Big
Tent during Liberty.  I have been involved with Cue from the beginning,
from initial POC to having a product that is production worthy.  In my past
life, i’ve been a member of the Trove Core team.

During the Liberty Cycle, Cue has become a solid product with a control
plane that can manage per-tenant RabbitMQ Clusters.  We spent a lot of time
beefing up our tests, and boast >90% unit test coverage.  We also added
Tempest tests, and Rally tests, including gating jobs for both.  Our
documentation has also been revamped considerably, and allows new
contributors to ramp up quickly with the project.

During the M cycle, I would like to focus on building a community and
getting additional contributors to Cue.  I would also like to focus the
team on multi-broker support, including adding Kafka as a broker that is
managed by Cue.

I believe Cue has come a long ways in a short time, and going forward have
the opportunity accelerate the growth in terms of features, quality, and
adoption.

Thanks for your consideration!
-Vipul