[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][devstack] New proposed 'default' network model

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:16:31 UTC 2015

On 15 September 2015 at 08:27, Mike Spreitzer <mspreitz at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote on 09/15/2015 11:04:07 AM:
>
> > a) an update to python-novaclient to allow a named network to be passed
> > to satisfy the "you have more than one network" - the nics argument is
> > still useful for more complex things
>
> I am not using the latest, but rather Juno.  I find that in many places
> the Neutron CLI insists on a UUID when a name could be used.  Three cheers
> for any campaign to fix that.

The client is not particularly tied to a specific version of the server, so
we don't have a Juno version, or a Kilo version, etc. (even though they are
aligned, see [1] for more details).

Having said that, you could use names in place of uuids pretty much
anywhere. If your experience says otherwise, please consider filing a bug
against the client [2] and we'll get it fixed.

Thanks,
Armando

[1] https://launchpad.net/python-neutronclient/+series
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-neutronclient/+filebug