[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:20:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

Following is the subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled
directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
============
As of Mon, Sep 14 (diff with Sep 7)
- Open: 142 (+4). 11 new (+1), 48 in progress, 0 critical, 11 high and 8
incomplete (-1)
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 23. 0 new, 0 critical, 1 high

dtantsur didn't have time to ping people about their in-progress bugs, help
appreciated

Neutron/Ironic work (jroll)
====================
getting bumped to M... pretty risky at this point, patches aren't ready, no
testing, etc :(

Oslo (lintan)
==========
Dan Smith thinks it would be good if we finish migrating to
oslo.versionedobjects so that he doesn't break our code :) (rloo)

Doc (pshige)
==========
email discussion about re-organizing the install guide (rloo)

Testing/Quality (jlvillal)
=================
(Looking for more people interested in testing)
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ironic/Quality

- raghu has volunteered to investigate other projects functional testing,
for example ironic-inspector, nova-client, and nova
- lehka is looking into working on python-ironicclient functional testing
using mimic. But there is a requirements freeze at the moment, so can't add
mimic to global-requirements

Inspector (dtansur)
===============
- python-ironic-inspector-client 1.1.0 released
- still a lot of stuff to land for liberty :(

Bifrost (TheJulia)
=============
- Minor cleanup in progress, hopefully cutting initial release this week.

webclient (krotscheck / betherly)
=========================
- Discussions underway with horizon re how we can implement the existing UI
in a Horizon panel - will require python API wrapper to be written
- Once ironic and CORS successfully working on machine and connecting to
webclient then can bypass the add cloud screen and work can begin on the
actual dashboard

Drivers
======

iRMC (naohirot)
- New boot driver interface for iRMC drivers
    - bp/new-boot-interface

- Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
    - bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi

- iRMC out of band inspection
    - bp/ironic-node-properties-discovery

Until next week,
--ruby