[openstack-dev] [glance] proposed priorities for Mitaka

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:28:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 5:10 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> After having some conversations with folks at the Ops Midcycle a
> few weeks ago, and observing some of the more recent email threads
> related to glance, glance-store, the client, and the API, I spent
> last week contacting a few of you individually to learn more about
> some of the issues confronting the Glance team. I had some very
> frank, but I think constructive, conversations with all of you about
> the issues as you see them. As promised, this is the public email
> thread to discuss what I found, and to see if we can agree on what
> the Glance team should be focusing on going into the Mitaka summit
> and development cycle and how the rest of the community can support
> you in those efforts.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for all your work with investigating this. Just last month I
raised some problems in other projects like Cinder and Nova with
working with v2 Glance [1][2] that I felt were lost due to focuses in
other areas and missing the core reason for Glance [3].

I'd really appreciate the potential PTL's of Glance in the Mitaka
cycle to read Doug's email, and take in the support behind these
priorities.

The Glance team regardless should know that as a community, we're all
in this together and support their efforts in making a great image
service for OpenStack.

[1] - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/070714.html
[2] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/crossproject/2015/crossproject.2015-07-28-21.03.log.html#l-239
[3] - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/071993.html