[openstack-dev] [all][TC] 'team:danger-not-diverse tag' and my concerns

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:50:05 UTC 2015

Perhaps gamify the tagging process? By inverting the tagging convention
from something negative to something positive like
"sponsored-by-company-x", you're offering bragging rights to companies that
are the sole sponsors of projects. "Here's a list of projects that Company
X directly supports, exclusively." It's a marketing advantage: they're the
experts on the project, etc. For successful projects, diversification
happens naturally. I see no benefit from casting such projects in a
negative light.

The TC can view the same tag with a more critical eye.