[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Suggestion to split install guide

Sam Betts (sambetts) sambetts at cisco.com
Mon Sep 14 15:01:04 UTC 2015

Looking at what they¹re building for Neutron,
http://docs.openstack.org/networking-guide, they have a quite fine grain
splitting of their guide with a large contents page that helps find things
easily. My personal issues with the current ironic guide all comes down to
navigation, the current Table of contents system is unpleasant to use,
splitting the guide into multiple pages will help this to a degree because
it¹ll reduce the amount of times I end up either using Ctrl-F or scrolling
back to the top to look at the contents, but I think it would be nice to
have a reworked contents page.

As a side note I don¹t know about other people but I prefer the styling of
the Neutron guide, but is that something that we even have a choice in?

Sam