[openstack-dev] 回复: [Ceilometer][Gnocchi] Gnocchi cannot deal with combined resource-id ?

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Mon Sep 14 09:28:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

Le 2015-09-12 16:54, Julien Danjou a écrit :
> On Sat, Sep 12 2015, Luo Gangyi wrote:
>
>>  I checked it again, no "ignored" is marked, seems the bug of devstack
>> ;(
>
> I was talking about that:
>

> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ceilometer/tree/etc/ceilometer/gnocchi_resources.yaml#n67
>
>>  And it's OK that gnocchi is not perfect now, but I still have some
>> worries about how gnocchi deal with or going to deal with
>> instance-xxxx-tapxxx condition.
>>  I see 'network.incoming.bytes' belongs to resouce type 'instance'.
>>  But no attributes of instance can save the infomation of tap name.
>>  Although I can search
>>  all metric ids from resouce id(instance uuid), how do I distinguish
>> them from different taps of an instance?
>
> Where do you see network.incoming.bytes as being linked to an instance?
> Reading gnocchi_resources.yaml I don't see that.

It was the case in the past, some metrics was by error associated to the
instance. This is now fixed, they have their own resource type.
But currently this metrics are marked to be ignored by the Ceilometer
dispatcher.

The next step is to re-enable theses metrics on the Ceilometer
dispatcher side, but some code need to be written to extract
the instance name and the tap name from the resource id by a declarative
manner.

Regards,
---
Mehdi Abaakouk