[openstack-dev] [zaqar] Zaqar PTL Candidacy

Fei Long Wang feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Sep 14 06:43:24 UTC 2015

Greeting,

I'd like to announce my candidacy for the Zaqar PTL in Mikata.

I've been working on and contributing to Zaqar since Icehouse release as
a core developer. That said, I really understand the ups and downs which
Zaqar went through and I know the blueprints, direction and pains of
this project.

For Mikata release, there are some items that I feel are important for
us to focus on:

1. Collaboration with other OpenStack projects
     We did a great job in Liberty for the integration of Heat and
Zaqar. And I believe there are some other projects could be benefited by
Zaqar. For example, the notification middleware of Swift, Zaqar's
websocket transport for Horizon, communicating with guests agents via
Zaqar for Sahara/Trove, etc.

2. Real-world deployment
     puppet-zaqar is on the way. It could be an great deployment tool
for operator who want to deploy Zaqar. So in next release, we will
continually provide more support for the project to get a stable release
ASAP. Interlock and provide more support for potential cloud providers
who have shown interest for Zaqar.

3. API improvement
     We have released three API versions. The API of key functions are
more and more stable. But given the bug fix and new features, it's time
to review the overall API of v2 to make it more stable.

4. Encourage diversity in our Community
     We're still a small team and obviously we need more new blood to
join the team. And meanwhile, we would like to see the new comers from
different organizations so that we can get different feedback from a
wide range of users and industries. Not only developers, but also
reviewers and operators.

It's a fantastic experience working with this amazing team and I know
without the dedication and hard work of everyone who has contributed to
Zaqar we can't make those success stories of Liberty happen. So I
believe the PTL of this smart team is most like a facilitator,
coordinator and mentor. I would be pleased to serve as PTL for Zaqar for
the Mikata cycle and I'd appreciate your vote.

Thanks for your consideration

--
Cheers & Best regards,
Fei Long Wang (王飞龙)
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington