[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Gnocchi]Gnocchi cannot deal with combined resource-id ?

Luo Gangyi lgy181 at foxmail.com
Sun Sep 13 12:29:44 UTC 2015

>  I was talking about that:

>   https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ceilometer/tree/etc/ceilometer/gnocchi_resources.yaml#n67

 I check it again, it seems gnocchin_resouces.yaml was updated on Sep 1, 2015, and my Ceilometer code is not
 updated.
 Thanks Julien.
  ------------------
 Luo Gangyi   luogangyi at cmss.chinamobile.com

  From:  "Julien Danjou";<julien at danjou.info>;
 Date:  Sat, Sep 12, 2015 10:54 PM
 To:  "Luo Gangyi"<lgy181 at foxmail.com>;
 Cc:  "OpenStack Development Mailing L"<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>;
 Subject:  Re: 回复: [openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Gnocchi]Gnocchi cannot deal with combined resource-id ?

On Sat, Sep 12 2015, Luo Gangyi wrote:

>  I checked it again, no "ignored" is marked, seems the bug of devstack ;(

I was talking about that:

  https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ceilometer/tree/etc/ceilometer/gnocchi_resources.yaml#n67

>  And it's OK that gnocchi is not perfect now, but I still have some worries about how gnocchi deal with or going to deal with instance-xxxx-tapxxx condition.
>  I see 'network.incoming.bytes' belongs to resouce type 'instance'.
>  But no attributes of instance can save the infomation of tap name.
>  Although I can search
>  all metric ids from resouce id(instance uuid), how do I distinguish them from different taps of an instance?

Where do you see network.incoming.bytes as being linked to an instance?
Reading gnocchi_resources.yaml I don't see that.

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker