[openstack-dev] [devstack][keystone][ironic] Use only Keystone v3 API in DevStack

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:45:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

Short story/question:
Is keystone /v3 support important to the ironic team? For Mitaka i guess?

Long story:
The previous discussion - guidance from keystone team on magnum (
http://markmail.org/message/jchf2vj752jdzfet) motivated me to dig into the
experimental job we have in devstack for full keystone v3 api and ended up
with this review.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/221300/

So essentially that rips out v2 keystone pipeline *except* for ironic jobs.
as ironic has some hard-coded dependencies to keystone /v2 api. I've logged
a bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1494776

Note that review above depends on Jamie's tempest patch which had some hard
coded /v2 dependency as well (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214987/)

follow up question:
Does anyone know of anything else that does not work with /v3?

Thanks,
Dims