[openstack-dev] [fuel][swift] Separate roles for Swift nodes

Alex Schultz aschultz at mirantis.com
Fri Sep 11 14:11:35 UTC 2015

Hey Daniel,

So as part of the 7.0 work we added support in plugins to be able to create
roles and being able to separate roles from the existing system. I think
swift would be a good candidate for this.  I know we also added in some
support for an external swift configuration that will be helpful if you
choose to go down the plugin route.  As an example of a plugin where we've
separated roles from the controller (I believe swift currently lives as
part of the controller role), you can take a look at our keystone, database
and rabbitmq plugins:

https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-plugin-detach-keystone
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-plugin-detach-database
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-plugin-detach-rabbitmq