[openstack-dev] [ptl][release] flushing unreleased client library changes

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 4 19:22:16 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Ihar Hrachyshka's message of 2015-09-04 21:07:47 +0200:
> > On 04 Sep 2015, at 18:39, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
> >

> > PTLs,
> >
> > We have quite a few unreleased client changes pending, and it would
> > be good to go ahead and publish them so they can be tested as part
> > of the release candidate process. I have the full list of changes for
> > each project below, so please find yours and review them and then
> > propose a release request to the openstack/releases repository.
> >
> > On a separate note, for next cycle we need to do a better job of
> > releasing these much much earlier (a few of these changes are at
> > least a month old). Remember that changes to libraries do not go
> > into the gate for consuming projects until that library is released.
> > If you have any suggestions for how to do improve our tracking for
> > needed releases, let me know.
> >
> > Doug
> >

> > [ Unreleased changes in openstack/python-barbicanclient ]
> >
> > Changes in python-barbicanclient 3.3.0..97cc46a
>

> +++
>
> It may also block some efforts, f.e. we cannot move with fullstack tests for QoS feature in neutron because those rely on neutronclient changes that are not yet released.

The next release of neutronclient has some breaking changes, and since
we're heading into a 3-day weekend here in the US Kyle and I have agreed
to put that release off until Tuesday of next week. I'll do it early
US/Eastern time.

Doug