[openstack-dev] custom lbaas driver

Srikumar Chari srikumar at appcito.net
Fri Sep 4 17:36:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to write an custom lbaas v2.0 driver. Was wondering if there's
a document on how to go about that. I see a number of implementations as
part of the source code but they all seem to be different. For instance
HAProxy is completely different when compared to the other vendors. I am
assuming that HAProxy is the "standard" as it is the default load balancer
for OpenStack. Is there a design doc or some kinda write up?

This thread was the closest I could get to a write-up:
https://openstack.nimeyo.com/21628/openstack-dev-neutron-lbaas-need-help-with-lbaas-drivers
.

I guess I could reverse engineering the HAProxy namespace driver but I am
probably going to miss some of the design elements. Any help/pointers/links
would be great.

thanks
Sri