[openstack-dev] [glance] image-create --is-public removed?

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:59:40 UTC 2015

You should check the version of your glanceclient.

`glance help` will give you help on most commands. Seems like you may
have upgraded your client and now it defaults to v2 of the server API.

You can track updates using the release on pypi and related
documentation on [1]; announcements are on the openstack-announce ML.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-glanceclient/

On 9/2/15 10:42 AM, Neil Jerram wrote:
> Was the --is-public option to 'glance image-create ...' just removed?
> I've been running Devstack successfully during the last week, but now
> see this:
>
> glance: error: unrecognized arguments: --is-public=true
>
> from running this:
>
> wget
> http://download.cirros-cloud.net/0.3.2/cirros-0.3.2-x86_64-disk.img -O
> - | glance image-create --name=cirros-0.3.2-x86_64 --disk-format=qcow2 \
>       --container-format=bare --is-public=true
>
> So, some questions:
>
> - Is it correct that this option has just been removed?
> - Where should I be looking / tracking to see announcements of changes
> like this?
> - Out of interest, where is the code that implements these command
> line operations?
>
> Thanks,
>     Neil

Nikhil