[openstack-dev] [cinder][nova] gate-cinder-python34 failing test_nova_timeout after novaclient 2.33 release

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 28 14:22:50 UTC 2015

On 10/28/2015 9:06 AM, Yuriy Nesenenko wrote:
> Hi. Look at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239837/
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Matt Riedemann
> <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com <mailto:mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
>     That job is failing at a decent rate, tracking with bug:
>
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1510656
>
>     It lines up with the novaclient 2.33 release on 10/27, I'm checking
>     out what the change was that caused the regression.
>
>     This is a heads up that rechecks on this failure probably won't help.
>
>     So far I haven't seen any related patches up to fix it although
>     there were already 2 bugs reported when I got in this morning.
>
>     --
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Matt Riedemann

Heh, well that's 3 bugs then, I didn't see that one. jgriffith and I
were talking in IRC about just handling both exceptions in cinder to fix
this but we also agreed that this is a backward incompatible change on
the novaclient side, which was also discussed in the original novaclient
wishlist bug that prompted the breaking change.

Given the backward compat issues, we might not just be breaking cinder
here, so I've proposed a revert of the novaclient change with
justification in the commit message:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239941/

At least with the cinder change above we're OK for mitaka, and logstash
isn't yet showing failures for cinder in stable/liberty, but given the
requirements there it will be a failure in cinder python34 tests in
stalbe/liberty also - so we can backport the cinder fix or block the
2.33 novaclient version on stable/liberty global-requirements depending
on what we do with the proposed novaclient revert.

Matt Riedemann