[openstack-dev] [heat] Shared code between server and client

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 19:49:32 UTC 2015

I'm working on moving the functionality for merging environments from
the client into the server [1]. I've only superficially looked at
template_utils.py (in heatclient) but I'm guessing there is stuff in
there I will want to use server-side.

The server has a requirement on heatclient, but I'm not sure what the
convention is for using code in it. Can I directly call into a module in
heatclient/common from the server or is the client dependency only
intended to be used through the client-facing APIs?

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/multi-environments

Thanks :)