[openstack-dev] [fuel] OpenStack versioning in Fuel

Oleg Gelbukh ogelbukh at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 22 19:23:08 UTC 2015

Igor, it is interesting that you mention backward compatibility in this
context.

I can see lots of code in Nailgun that checks for release version to
enable/disable features that were added or removed more than 2 releases
before [1] [2] [3] (there's a lot more).

What should we do about that code? I believe we could 'safely' delete it.
It will make our code base much more compact and supportable without even
decoupling serializers, etc. Is my assumption correct, or I just missing
something?

This will also help to switch to another scheme of versioning of releases,
since there will be much less places where those version scheme is
hardcoded.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/nailgun/objects/release.py#L142-L145
[2]