[openstack-dev] [gate] facing urllib3 exceptions.SSLError on gate: "EOF occurred in violation of protocol"

Qiao, Liyong liyong.qiao at intel.com
Thu Oct 22 14:28:03 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I don't know who can help on gate, maybe infra team, sorry for the broadcasting.
I get this error when using urllib3 with ca on gate testing, but I can't reproduce
it on my setup(Ubuntu 14.4), I hope someone who has been met this issue can give some advice.

Error logs can be found here [1], and also I googled some bug link , I tried but helpless.

urllib3.exceptions.SSLError: [Errno 8] _ssl.c:510: EOF occurred in violation of protocol

[1] http://logs.openstack.org/21/232421/18/check/gate-functional-dsvm-magnum/87de53c/console.html#_2015-10-22_12_24_23_092
[2]https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-defaults/+bug/1363356
[3] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11772847/error-urlopen-error-errno-8-ssl-c504-eof-occurred-in-violation-of-protoco

BR, Eli(Li Yong)Qiao