[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Fuel-Modularization] Proposal on Decoupling Serializers from Nailgun

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 22 10:25:05 UTC 2015

Hi Oleg,

I want to mention that we are using similar approach for deployment engine,
the difference is that we are working not with components, but with
deployment objects (it could be resources or tasks).
Right now all the data should be provided by user, but we are going to add
concept of managed resource, so that resource will be able to request data
from 3rd party service before execution, or by notification, if it is
supported.
I think this is similar to what Vladimir describes.

As for the components - i see how it can be useful, for example
provisioning service will require data from networking service, but i think
nailgun can act as router for such cases.
This way we will keep components simple and purely functional, and nailgun
will perform a role of a client which knows how to build interaction
between components.

So, as a summary i think this is 2 different problems.