[openstack-dev] openstack-barbican-authenticate-keystone-barbican-command

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:56:11 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:26 AM, Dave McCowan (dmccowan) <dmccowan at cisco.com
> wrote:

> Hi Arif--
>     Are you using Keystone for authentication?
>     If so, you need to get an authentication token from Keystone and add
> it as a header to your curl command: -H "X-Auth-Token:*$TOKEN*".
>     You do not need to specify the project ID (-H 'X-Project-Id:12345').
> The project ID will be based on your Keystone user's project ID.

++ To add to that, X-Project-Id is provided to Barbican by
keystonemiddleware.auth_token (along with the rest of your authorization
context) after your X-Auth-Token is authenticated. If you're not using
keystonemiddleware.auth_token, you could specify X-Project-Id yourself, and
Barbican would blindly trust you.