[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [CI] Running fuelclient tests against review requests for fuel-web repo

Aleksandra Fedorova afedorova at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 21 16:20:51 UTC 2015

Hi, Vitaly,

there is nothing to prevent us from triggering test based on event in
one project but checking out the code from another.

So you can setup job triggered for patchset-created event in commit to
fuel-web/ repo. Then in this job you checkout both: code from fuel-web
and code from python-fuelclient in different subfolders, then run a
test, get result and vote on patchset to fuel-web repository.

python-fuelclient failures are not new indeed, and we have a bug [1]
for 8.0 milestone to implement this kind of job. It will be much
easier for CI team if we get initial implementation of the test so we
can build a job on top. If you have some spare cycles - please
participate, feel free to send a patch to jenkins-jobs repository
directly [2] or comment on bug.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1466897
[2] https://review.fuel-infra.org/#/admin/projects/fuel-infra/jenkins-jobs

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Vitaly Kramskikh
<vkramskikh at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's yet another time we broke fuelclient by merging a change in fuel-web
> repo. Since we are considering moving Fuel UI to a separate repo, and we
> need to run UI functional tests against changes in nailgun anyway, I think
> we should start to change our CI so it could run tests from another repo
> against changes in another repo.
>
> Can it be done?
>
> --
> Vitaly Kramskikh,