[openstack-dev] [puppet] Incompatible default parameters

Clayton O'Neill clayton at oneill.net
Wed Oct 21 13:39:36 UTC 2015

I think the only people that would be affected by the puppet-openstack
module default not matching the keystone default are people that are trying
to retrofit puppet into an already running environment.  Those people
already have a ton of work laid out in front of them, so I’m ok with making
it very slightly more difficult for them (if those people even exist).

However, for existing users of the modules, this is potentially a big pain,
since we already have existing catalogs with the old (wrong) name.

For new users of the module, this might be slightly annoying, but again,
they can override it.

Personally I’d prefer to leave it as is, instead of requiring all existing
users of the modules to change.