[openstack-dev] [ironic] [neutron] Enforce port/portgroup MAC uniqueness constraint

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 03:29:31 UTC 2015

In Neutron they are forced to be unique within a network.[1]

Are you asking if they can be required to be globally unique in Neutron?

1.
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/1f7d246f467607e0b065848b324d1ed6b3b47614/neutron/db/models_v2.py#L134-L136

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 4:38 PM, William Stevenson <yhvh2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In reference to comments on a patchset[1], port/portgroup addresses
> should be unique. Please also see the irc log[1] which includes
> earlier discussion regarding rationale.
>
> Q: How can we enforce this uniqueness across tables?
>

> [1]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206232/26/ironic/db/sqlalchemy/alembic/versions/5ea1b0d310e_added_port_group_table_and_altered_ports.py
> [2] http://ix.io/luF/irc

Kevin Benton