[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 01:01:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

Following is the subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled
directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
============
(diff with Oct 12, no diff for inspector)
- Open: 150 (+7). 3 new (+1), 41 in progress (+5), 2 critical (+2), 11 high
(-1) and 11 incomplete (+1)
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 25 (+1). 2 new (+1), 0 critical, 0 high
- Inspector bugs: 15 (+3). 0 new, 0 critical, 7 high (+3)

Neutron/Ironic work (jroll)
====================
- Spec for nova work is up: https://review.openstack.org/237067
- Open question: how do we enforce uniqueness between port.address and
portgroup.address?
- reviews in progress

Testing/Quality (jlvillal/lekha/krtaylor)
============================
- started work on patch to stand-up and tear-down ironic-api and
ironic-conductor services for functional testing. Code borrowed from Glance
project.
- parent patch proposed to allow running ironic-api and ironic-conductor
with "python -m ironic.cmd.api" or "python -m ironic.cmd.conductor"

Inspector (dtansur)
===============
- Releasing ironic-inspector 2.2.2 this week due to a couple of bugs:
    - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic-inspector/+bug/1506419
    - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic-inspector/+bug/1506160

webclient (krotscheck / betherly)
=========================
- Update on the ironic panel in horizon: If we continue writing this in
angular it will NOT be merged for months because of the upstream battle on
horizon to work out angular standards. And even when it gets through the
waiting period it will likely have to change to adopt all the changes made
to the way angular should be written in horizon. Are you happy for me to
move ahead with this as a python panel and a good looking front end as a
temporary measure to using the webclient and working out how to improve
general front end in the longer term?

Drivers
======

iRMC (naohirot)
-
https://review.openstack.org//#/q/owner:+naohirot%2540jp.fujitsu.com+status:+open,n,z
        - New boot driver interface for iRMC drivers (bp/new-boot-interface)
        - Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
(bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi)
        - iRMC out of band inspection (bp/ironic-node-properties-discovery)

Until the week of Nov. 9,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard