[openstack-dev] [ironic] [horizon] ironic panels

Beth Elwell e.r.elwell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:05:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of writing an Ironic panel in Horizon
upstream. It was originally intended for this panel to be written in
Angular JS, however, as I understand, no horizon angular work will
merge for several months, and 2-3 panels (of which ironic is not one)
are being moved to the feature branch to iterate on the design pattern
that they want to use to implement the angular.

With regard to the ironic panel, this means that in order to implement
it in angular, it will take weeks or perhaps months to merge and even
when it does, it may well need to be rewritten to follow design patterns
being set at the moment.

Therefore I propose that I continue to develop this as a Horizon python
panel as a short term solution to allow a UI to exist for our users of
Ironic ASAP and longer term make use of the ironic webclient and the
work that krotscheck is currently doing on that.

I would appreciate feedback with regard to whether the ironic community
are happy for me to continue on with developing a horizon panel or would
like me to work on an angular panel.

Many thanks,
Beth Elwell