[openstack-dev] [all][docs] Incorrect '/p' in Project Source URLs on docs.openstack.org/developer

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Oct 16 20:22:55 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2015-10-16 20:02:15 +0000:
> On 2015-10-16 15:27:30 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > Maybe we can combine the ideas. Define an option with a default value
> > based on an environment variable, and then projects can override it if
> > they care about having the doc build generate that link correctly
> > outside of CI.
> >
> > What do I need to do to expose the environment variable?
>
> Within the calling environment for the jobs on our workers, there is
> a $ZUUL_PROJECT variable we can use to get this information.
> However, the job is really just a shell script
> (jenkins/scripts/run-docs.sh in openstack-infra/project-config)
> where we can set any new environment variable oslosphinx cares about
> to that value quite trivially. The envvar name should ultimately
> just be something which makes sense for oslosphinx outside of the CI
> system as well.

I realized as I went to implement this that because we run through
tox, we would also need to update every tox.ini to allow the
environment variable to be passed through. If we're going to do
that, we might as well just update the conf.py directly. I'll add
an option that can be set there.

Doug