[openstack-dev] [stable/liberty] [requirements]/[oslo] ceilometer jobs failing.

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Oct 16 19:32:21 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Tony Breeds's message of 2015-10-16 22:21:27 +1100:
> Hi All,
>     We have an issue for any review that causes a new commit to ceilometer, it
> will fail with[1]:
>
>     ValueError: git history requires a target version of
>     pbr.version.SemanticVersion(5.0.1), but target version is
>     pbr.version.SemanticVersion(5.0.0)
>
> Switching to post-versioning[2] can't land because of [3]  The fix for that is
> to ban 2.6.1 (and 2.6.0) from requirements.  That can't land because of[1],
> and we've come full circle.

The fix to allow global requirements changes to land in stable/liberty
is in https://review.openstack.org/235924

After that has merged, https://review.openstack.org/233854 will block
oslo.messaging 2.6 from stable/liberty.

Then we have https://review.openstack.org/235815 to strip the
pre-versioning setting and fold in the requirements updates for
ceilometer.

We need to land the patches in that order.

> I can't use Depends-On as the patches in each repo need to land at the same
> time.  So I tried the "obvious squash" patch at [4], but that isn't going to
> work because of the sensible requirements checking.
>
> The only way it fix this I can think of is to release 2.6.2 of oslo.messaging
> with the fixes needed by ceilometer (which have merged).
>
> I can think of a couple of rather terrible ways to hack around this but lets
> not go there unless there is a good reason to not release 2.6.2

Releasing 2.6.2 would also be OK, if that happens first.

Doug