[openstack-dev] [all][docs] Incorrect '/p' in Project Source URLs on docs.openstack.org/developer

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 16 14:47:44 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-16 10:20:17 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Neil Jerram's message of 2015-10-16 13:10:41 +0000:
[...]
> > Well, it would appear that 'git config --local --get remote.origin.url'
> > on the docs build machine gives a URL whose path includes a leading /p.
> > But there isn't any /p in the Git URLs currently advertised on
> > https://git.openstack.org/cgit/.
[...]
> Is there a gerrit remote with a better URL?

I'd rather not first jump to conclusions on this. I checked an
arbitrary job workspace on one of the worker nodes and `git config
--local --get remote.origin.url` isn't returning anything with a /p
in it. We should probably step through the process to determine
where in the job that string is actually being set.

For starters, what is the goal of that link? Should it be a
browseable version of the repository or a clone URL? If it's
supposed to be browseable, then querying git remote is a bad idea
regardless.
--
Jeremy Stanley