[openstack-dev] getting rid of tablib completely (Requests + urllib3 + distro packages)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Oct 15 20:15:20 UTC 2015

On 10/15/2015 07:35 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Thomas Goirand's message of 2015-10-15 00:31:44 +0200:
> I wasn't clear. The reason cliff-tablib exists is because of earlier
> complaints (maybe from you?) about tablib. I didn't have time to
> rewrite the formatters, so I pulled them into their own package so
> it wasn't necessary to ship them. Now that we have the useful ones
> included in cliff directly in a way that doesn't use tablib, you
> should not need either cliff-tablib or tablib. We may need patches
> to upstream packages that still have the cliff-tablib dependency.
> Nothing should be using tablib directly, AFAIK.
>
> Doug

Thanks for clearing this up.

I'll see if I can get rid of tablib in packages and if it still
continues to work. Though I may work on this a bit later: I've currently
started the huge task of uploading 102 Liberty (and related) packages to
move them from Debian Experimental to Sid, and after that, I'll have a 5
days break, then the Tokyo summit... But after that, removing tablib
from the equation will allow me to bring even more Python 3 support in
packages, which is great.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)