[openstack-dev] [infra] Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:49:02 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 3:08 AM Zaro <zaro0508 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> The openstack-infra team would like to upgrade from our Gerrit 2.8 to
> Gerrit 2.11.  We are proposing to do the upgrade shortly after the
> Mitaka summit.  The main motivation behind the upgrade is to allow us
> to take advantage of some of the new REST api, ssh commands, and
> stream events features.  Also we wanted to stay closer to upstream so
> it will be easier to pick up more recent features and fixes.
>
> We want to let everyone know that there is a big UI change in Gerrit
> 2.11.  The change screen (CS), which is the main view for a patchset,
> has been completely replaced with a new change screen (CS2).  While
> Gerrit 2.8 contains both old CS and CS2, I believe everyone in
> Openstack land is really just using the old CS.  CS2 really wasn't
> ready in 2.8 and really should never be used in that version.  The CS2
> has come a long way since then and many other big projects have moved
> to using Gerrit 2.11 so it's not a concern any longer.  If you would
> like a preview of Gerrit 2.11 and maybe help us test it, head over to
> http://review-dev.openstack.org.  If you are very opposed to CS2 then
> you may like Gertty (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gertty) instead.  If
> neither option works for you then maybe you can help us create a new
> alternative :)
>
> We are soliciting feedback so please let us know what you think.

I think that's great news!
I've been using CS2 since it became an option and it even (mostly) worked
fine for me, so I've been waiting for so long for this upgrade.

Where should I direct issues I find in review-dev.openstack.org? I've found
two so far:
- "Unified diff" button in diff view (next to navigation arrows) always
leads to Internal Server Error;
- cgit links in change screen have "%2F" in URL instead of "/" which leads
to Apache's Not Found instead of cgit's one.