[openstack-dev] [Sender Auth Failure] Re: [neutron] Neutron rolling upgrade - are we there yet?

Johnston, Nate Nate_Johnston at cable.comcast.com
Thu Oct 15 15:57:15 UTC 2015

On Oct 15, 2015, at 11:23 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com<mailto:ihrachys at redhat.com>> wrote:

I also feel that upgrades are in lots of ways not only a technical issue, but a cultural one too. You should have reviewers being aware of all the moving parts, and how a seemingly innocent change can break the flow. That’s why I plan to start on a devref page specifically about upgrades, where we could lay ground about which scenarios we should support, and those we should not (f.e. we have plenty of compatibility code in agents that to handle old controller scenario, which should not be supported); how all pieces interact and behave in transition, and what to look for during reviews. Hopefully, once such a page is up and read by folks, we will be able to have more meaningful conversation about our upgrade strategy.

That is a fantastic idea, and would really help me understand this part of the Neutron code as a reviewer.  Thanks!

—N.