[openstack-dev] [infra] Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Oct 14 12:44:51 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 08:23 AM, Dean Troyer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 3:51 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org
> <mailto:thierry at openstack.org>> wrote:
>
>     My main issue with CS2 is how greedy it is in horizontal space, mostly
>     due to the waste of space in the "Related changes" panel. If there are
>     related changes, the owner/reviewer/voting panel is cramped in the
>     middle, while "related changes" has a lot of empty space on the right.
>     Is there a way to turn that panel off (move it to a dropdown like the
>     patchsets view), or make it use half the width, or push it under
>     ChangeID, or...
>

> I'm going to concur with ttx here.  That 'Related changes' section can
> have at least 4 horizontal sub-tabs
> (see https://review-dev.openstack.org/#/c/5294/) and just really seems
> out of place where it is. If it is possible to make it another component
> in the vertical stack of sections I think it would look a lot better in
> less-than-full-screen-width browsers.  In reviews where it is not
> displayed the (formerly center) column actually looks a lot better.

All well and good to have feedback, but the time for that change was
about 3 years ago with upstream gerrit. That's not a site local change.

> Also, did I miss where it indicates order in a series of stacked
> reviews?  I didn't see one in the test set yet.

It's related changes - https://review-dev.openstack.org/#/c/5372/ - is
an example I just pushed.

> The rest of the changes fall into the 'change is hard' category for me
> and I'll forget the current screen in a month and life will go on.
>
> Thanks for keeping us up to date guys!

Yeh, honestly, I flipped to CS2 around Paris time for the related
changes stack view. Honestly, after a month, the old view turns out to
be hard to use because related changes means you never strand patches by
not going down the whole stack

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague