[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Horizon] Cinder v2 endpoint name: volumev2 is required? volume is okay?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 11:46:59 UTC 2015

Hi Cinder team,

What is the expected service name of Cinder v2 API in keystone catalog?
DevStack configures "volumev2" for Cinder v2 API by default.

Can we "volume" for Cinder v2 API or do we always need to use "volumev2"
in deployments with only Cinder v2 API (i.e. no v1 API) ?

The question was raised during the Horizon review [1].
The current Horizon code assumes "volumev2" is configured for Cinder v2 API.
Note that review [1] itself makes Horizon work only with Cinder v2 API.
I would like to know Horizon team need to consider "volume" endpoint
for Cinder v2 API or not.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/151081/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1415712

Thanks,