[openstack-dev] [Zaqar][cli][openstackclient] conflict in nova flavor and zaqar flavor

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Oct 14 09:43:20 UTC 2015

On 10/12/2015 07:55 PM, Dean Troyer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Victoria Martínez de la Cruz
> <victoria at vmartinezdelacruz.com <mailto:victoria at vmartinezdelacruz.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     So, this commands would look like
>
>     openstack pool-flavor create
>     openstack pool-flavor get
>     openstack pool-flavor delete
>     openstack pool-flavor update
>     openstack pool-flavor list
>

> I would strongly suggest leaving the dash out of the resource name:
>
> openstack pool flavor create
> etc
>
> Multiple word names have been supported for a long time and the only
> other plugin I know that has them has a bug against it to remove the dash.

So, this might just be me, but I find all the multi word resources to be
really confusing to use for multiple reasons.

with <cmd> <A> <B> <C> it does a lot of thinking <B> is a verb, oh wait
it's not, oh wait in this case is it. Is C more verby or B more verby.
etc etc.

Basically we've removed a very simple rule for how commands look, which
means more brain power figuring out how each command independently works.

2) openstack pool -h is an error. That's massively surprising. openstack
help pool (no such command!).

So while I realize this has been the pattern in the past, it's never
really worked well for me at least.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague