[openstack-dev] Scheduler proposal

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Oct 13 13:13:32 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-12 20:49:44 -0700 (-0700), Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Does the openstack foundation have access to a scaling area that
> can be used by the community for this kind of experimental work?

The OpenStack Foundation has a staff of fewer than 20 full-time
employees, with a primary focus on event planning and preserving the
community's trademarks. If instead you mean the member companies who
make up the OpenStack Foundation, then I agree with the other reply
on the thread that it sounds like the effort already underway at
Intel and Rackspace.

> It seems like infra or others should be able make that possible?
[...]

The Infrastructure team is in the process of standing up a
community-managed deployment of OpenStack, but it's not even within
an order of magnitude of being 1k host scale (and at that, it's
still a multi-cycle plan just to reach viability).
--
Jeremy Stanley