[openstack-dev] Requests + urllib3 + distro packages

Cory Benfield cory at lukasa.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 10:02:34 UTC 2015

> On 12 Oct 2015, at 01:16, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> To sum up the thread, it sounds to me like a viable way-forward is:
>
> - get distros to fixup their requests Python dependencies (and
> hopefully they can update that in stable releases).
> - fix the existing known bugs in pip where such accurate dependencies
> are violated by some operations.

Agreed.

And we’re taking this pretty seriously at requests: we got in touch with our downstream unbundlers at Debian and Fedora asking them to make sure they populate setup.py correctly. Fedora has created updates for F21, F22, and F23:

- https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-20de3774f4
- https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-1f580ccfa4
- https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-d7c710a812

We’ve also heard positive noises from our Debian packager, though I don’t yet have a link to any change there.

If Ubuntu has a separate downstream packager from Debian, we don’t have a relationship with them, so it’s harder for us to affect change there.

This should mean that we’re only missing the pip fix.

Cory