[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Auto-abandon bot

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Oct 10 13:12:40 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-09 17:10:15 -0500 (-0500), Ben Nemec wrote:
> As discussed in the meeting a week or two ago, we would like to bring
> back the auto-abandon functionality for old, unloved gerrit reviews.
[...]
> -WIP patches are never abandoned
[...]
> -Patches that are failing CI for over a month on the same patch set
> (regardless of any followup comments - the intent is that patches
> expected to fail CI should be marked WIP).
[...]

Have you considered the possibility of switching stale changes to
WIP instead of abandoning them?

I usually have somewhere around 50-100 open changes submitted (often
more), and for some of those I might miss failures or negative
review comments for a month or so at a time depending on what else I
have going on. It's very easy to lose track of a change if someone
abandons it for me.
--
Jeremy Stanley