[openstack-dev] [ironic] Nominating two new core reviewers

Jay Faulkner jay at jvf.cc
Fri Oct 9 23:26:52 UTC 2015

+1

From: Jim Rollenhagen <jim at jimrollenhagen.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:47 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] [ironic] Nominating two new core reviewers

Hi all,

I've been thinking a lot about Ironic's core reviewer team and how we might
make it better.

I'd like to grow the team more through trust and mentoring. We should be
able to promote someone to core based on a good knowledge of *some* of
the code base, and trust them not to +2 things they don't know about. I'd
also like to build a culture of mentoring non-cores on how to review, in
preparation for adding them to the team. Through these pieces, I'm hoping
we can have a few rounds of core additions this cycle.

With that said...

I'd like to nominate Vladyslav Drok (vdrok) for the core team. His reviews
have been super high quality, and the quantity is ever-increasing. He's
also started helping out with some smaller efforts (full tempest, for
example), and I'd love to see that continue with larger efforts.

I'd also like to nominate John Villalovos (jlvillal). John has been
reviewing a ton of code and making a real effort to learn everything,
and keep track of everything going on in the project.

Ironic cores, please reply with your vote; provided feedback is positive,
I'd like to make this official next week sometime. Thanks!

// jim