[openstack-dev] [kolla] Backport policy for Liberty

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Fri Oct 9 18:09:05 UTC 2015

As an Op, that sounds reasonable so long as they aren't defaulted on. In theory it shouldn't be much different then a distro adding additional packages. The new packages don't affect existing systems unless the op requests them to be installed.

With my App Catalog hat on, I'm curious how horizon plugins might fit into that scheme. The App Catalog plugin would need to be added directly to the Horizon container. I'm sure there are other plugins that may want to get loaded into the container too. They should all be able to be enabled/disabled though via docker env variables though. Any thoughts there?

Thanks,
Kevin