[openstack-dev] [kolla] Backport policy for Liberty

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Thu Oct 8 19:47:55 UTC 2015

Kolla operators and developers,

The general consensus of the Core Reviewer team for Kolla is that we should embrace a liberal backport policy for the Liberty release.  An example of liberal -> We add a new server service to Ansible, we would backport the feature to liberty.  This is in breaking with the typical OpenStack backports policy.  It also creates a whole bunch more work and has potential to introduce regressions in the Liberty release.

Given these realities I want to put on hold any liberal backporting until after Summit.  I will schedule a fishbowl session for a backport policy discussion where we will decide as a community what type of backport policy we want.  The delivery required before we introduce any liberal backporting policy then should be a description of that backport policy discussion at Summit distilled into a RST file in our git repository.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please chime in on the thread.

Regards
-steve