[openstack-dev] We should move strutils.mask_password back into oslo-incubator

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 8 14:25:45 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-08 08:58:06 -0500 (-0500), Matt Riedemann wrote:
[...]
> I don't know how many operators are tracking patch releases of
> dependencies on stable branches unless there is a new minimum
> requirement on those, especially if they aren't getting their
> updates from a distro provider. So while nova wouldn't be broken
> w/o the patched oslo.utils on stable, the OSSA wouldn't be fixed
> in that case.

The OSSA will link to https://review.openstack.org/220620 as part of
the stable/liberty fix and mention something along the lines of
"included in an upcoming oslo.utils 2.5.1 release" (in which case
operators _should_ check whether they are running a new enough
version of the library).
--
Jeremy Stanley