[openstack-dev] We should move strutils.mask_password back into oslo-incubator

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Wed Oct 7 22:29:32 UTC 2015

Isn't #2 the right approach?

Even if it might be more 'work' I personally would prefer #2 and do it
right (and make it easier to do the right thing in the future via
scripts, automation, other) vs. the other mentioned approaches.

If we were consuming, say a 3rd party library and that 3rd party library
had/has a security issue, isn't the above the same thing that you would
have to do?

My 2 cents.